Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 8, 2012

Food Revolution - Final Episode

Ah, yes, I've been obsessively talking about food and this will be the final in this series (threat or promise you ask?)....


Now this is the one where I blather on about foods I miss and can't wait to eat once I return to American soil.  I haven't been back for two years now and there are many dishes that just cannot be found and/or replicated here.  That will be in late August where I'll be visiting family and friends for about 5 weeks.


The first dish I want to make when I return is spinach/cheese dip and serve it up with white corn chips.... Oops, just drooled on my computer.  For those not acquainted with this awesome delight, it's very easy.  A one pound tub of sour cream mixed with one packet Knorr vegetable soup mix, a pound shredded cheddar cheese and one box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained.  Mix it all together, bake it at 375 till brown and bubbly and enjoy.....


There are a few restaurant foods I miss.... Bloomin' Onion from Outback Steakhouse to go with a big fat juicy fillet, medium rare please.


Olive Garden...endless salad bowl and the creamy sausage soup.....


A real fresh crispy pizza from anywhere!!!!!


Broasted chicken and jo jo's with cole slaw from Dravenstott's Restaurant in Orrville:)


Long John Silver's fish and fries, smothered in vinegar....


A burger and fries from Five Guys in Kent.


Sandwiches....lots and lots of sandwiches... a Reuben, crispy and smothered with Thousand Island dressing.  Crispy Italian sub sandwiches with the bread so crunchy it drops crumbs all over you when you eat it.


Pork chops.... that I'll bread and bake at home.  A roast beef, slow cooked with fresh mashed potatoes and gravy.  A pork roast with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes.  


Lay's potato chips, regular, original in the yellow bag....


Oh, I could go on and on, though these are the highlights....I must now finish getting ready to go meet my site mates for dinner at our favorite restaurant in town.  If I'm lucky, they'll have pizza tonight (though they didn't the last 2 times we've gone), and I'll enjoy and savor it, even if it does have pickles, corn and kidney beans on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment